We Are Committed to High Standards
We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Institute of fundraising’s Codes and with this Promise.
We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety, environment and with local licensing authorities.
We Are Honest and Open
We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
We do what we say we are going to do and in a timely manner.
We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used, advising donors where their money has been spent.
- We provide accurate and reliable information to our donors and the public.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence and always ask permission from the person to use images that they may appear in, prior to printing promotional materials.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.