You could take on the challenge of a lifetime this summer – and help raise money for a helipad at the Queen’s Medical Centre at the same time.
Daredevils could descend from the roof of the magnificent Lincoln Cathedral on 8 August or take in stunning scenery while abseiling in the Peak District on 25 July, while keen cyclists might like to take on the London to Paris or London to Brighton cycle ride in September.
Nottingham Hospitals Charity is organising these and a whole host of other challenge events, such as skydives and treks, in aid of our Saving Lives Helipad Appeal, which aims to raise £3m to build an onsite helipad at the Queen’s Medical Centre.
Daniel Craggs, Senior Community Fundraiser at Nottingham Hospitals Charity, said: “We’re really excited about the challenge events we’re holding over the summer – they will be great fun and will also raise money for a really important cause, as we desperately need a helipad at the QMC to help get critically injured patients to hospital as quickly as possible.
“We hope lots of people from across the East Midlands will sign up to help make this a reality, and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the same time.”
The full list of events is:
- Abseil at Miller’s Dale, Peak District – Saturday 25 July
- Rope descent at Lincoln Cathedral – Saturday 8 August
- London to Brighton Cycle Ride – Sunday 6 September
- London to Paris Cycle Ride – Wednesday 9 to Sunday 13 September
- Ben Nevis Trek – Friday 18 to Sunday 20 September
- Golf Day at The Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club, Cotgrave – Thursday 24 September
- Skydive at Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire – Saturday 26 September
For more information or to take part in any of these challenge events, please call Naomi Walters or Ruth Brady at Nottingham Hospitals Charity on 0115 962 7905.