We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated volunteer to support the Communications team at Nottingham Hospitals Charity.
If you think that might be you then please see more details about the role below:
The role will be based at the City Hospital campus, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, NG5 1PB. Occasional travel to the Queen’s Medical Centre campus may be necessary. A free bus service operates between the two sites.
Reporting to: the Communications Manager
What is the role?
We are seeking an enthusiastic Communications Volunteer, to assist the Communications Officer in promoting the Charity to a wide range of audiences, through various communications vehicles.
Tasks will include:
- Helping to write press releases for distribution to the local media
- Helping to write articles for inclusion in the hospital trust’s internal email bulletin
- Monitoring local media for health and charity related stories
- Updating the Charity’s social media pages
- Updating the Charity’s website
- Helping to create promotional materials, such as leaflets and posters
- Speaking to supporters and hospital staff to obtain quotes for inclusion in press releases and other promotional materials
- Sending promotional materials out to external organisations, such as local libraries and GP practices
- Helping to conduct research into perceptions of the Charity from internal and external audiences
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual who would like to develop a career in communications, journalism or marketing.
Key skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to speak confidently to people of all professional levels and backgrounds
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to work alone and use initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Previous relevant experience through work or study
- Ability to work in a busy office environment
To apply please fill in the following form: Volunteer application form