Nottingham Hospitals Charity is at the heart of care by supporting our diverse patients, families, and carers. We work with local people, patients, businesses and hospital staff to ensure that there is more money each year to help support:
- new facilities, like family-friendly wards and enhanced patient care facilities.
- specialist equipment that would not be available as quickly through the NHS.
- local medical research for a variety of conditions, from breast cancer to osteoarthritis.
- staff development – we fund leadership and other development programmes beyond what the NHS would provide, resulting in extra specialist knowledge that benefits patients
The money raised is invested directly in the services, facilities and healthcare that are important to patients and essential in helping to make our Nottingham hospitals’ care excellent for patients.
We are in the process of establishing a new Charity to support the work of the hospital and these appointments will be appointed to the Board. As such this is a great opportunity to influence the direction and strategy of the new organisation and contribute directly to its effectiveness. In the meantime, the successful applicants will act as Board Advisors to help oversee this period of transition.
We are looking for candidates who can assist the charity in High Net Worth fundraising. Specifically, we are seeking individuals capable of networking with influential, senior donors, policy makers and stakeholders who are able to win support for our long term fundraising ambitions.
Prospective applicants should also:
- Live in, work in or have strong links with, the area served by those parts of the NHS associated with the trustee body.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to contribute to the work of the Trustees, particularly through the application of the skills and experience required for the role.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Be able and willing to make introductions to prospective donors interested in and capable of offering charitable support to Nottingham’s hospitals.
These positions are voluntary and you will be expected to commit between 6 and 12 days per year. In the first instance, please contact Louise Erskine, Head of Programmes & Research at email@example.com to request an Information Pack.
The Closing Date for completed, formal applications is Wednesday 30th September at midday.